On the Road is a classic – written about, filmed already, some love it and some hate it. I am definitely one of those who love it because I believe it is not the story of Sal and his travels. Rather, it is our story – the story of wanderers who live to travel and look for a sense of belonging in new places.
And, here’s a list of 7 beautiful quotes from the book for travelers across the globe.
- “…because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars…”
- “I was surprised, as always, by how easy the act of leaving was, and how good it felt. The world was suddenly rich with possibility.”
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.”
- “It’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
- “But why think about that when all the golden lands ahead of you and all kinds of unforseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you’re alive to see?”
- “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.”
- “I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future.”